06 November 2020

Graduate Student Spotlight

There is much to learn about poverty. The poor are not a static group and economic insecurity can suddenly push millions of us into poverty at some point during our lives. Poverty is associated with many negative aspects of living. It increases health risks, lower lifetime earnings, decreases mobility, weakens families and communities, and even threatens our democracy and costs our future. For this reason, poverty reduction should not become a political issue driven by political ideology or other misguided policies that have limited the poor from having opportunities to improve their lives. I believe that no one is secure until everyone is secure.

Full article: CAFNR Research Digest

2 comments:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast coming again to read other news.

    ReplyDelete